Rules, Options, Etc.
To Begin With
· Have a good time.... enjoy our home and the town of Breckenridge.
· Check-in is 4:00 P.M. on your arrival date. Checkout is by 10:00 A.M. on your departure date. We really need guests to honor these times so that we can prepare the house for the next arrivals.
· Pets are not allowed, except for gold fish and caged canaries.
· Absolutely no smoking in our home.... If you need to, you can smoke on the front porch using our sand-filled coal shuttle for a butt tray.
· At time of booking, let us know how many people will be staying in our home when you are here. (So we can be sure to have enough clean sheets and hot tub towels available for you). And if you have any special requests, let us know…. we will fill them if we can.
Payment and Cancellation Options
· At time of booking, your initial deposit equal to ½ of the lodging plus the security damage deposit is due. The final lodging balance, including all taxes, is due 30 days prior to arrival. If booking a reservation within 30 days of your arrival, the full balance is due at the time of booking.
· Payment in advance by check is requested (we do not want to charge extra to cover credit card costs).
· The security damage deposit will be returned by check via mail 14 business days after your departure date. The security deposit refund may be delayed if there are damages to evaluate.... no damage or smoke smell--it all comes back to you.
· If you need to cancel, all money is non-refundable unless your exact dates can be re-booked. If we can re-book your exact dates, all money received to date less a 10% handling fee will be returned. All money due you will be returned within 14 business days after your original reservation departure was scheduled.
· We regret that there are no refunds for late arrivals, early departures or no shows.
While You Are Here
· Park your car(s) directly in front of the house. There is room for up to four cars. Do not park in front of other houses as you are subject to being towed.
· When there is a snowfall of four (+/-) inches the parking area will be plowed. Please be considerate and remove your car so plowing can be accomplished on a timely basis. (With 360 inches of snow each year, we must take great care in removing and storing fallen snow).
· You may need to clean snow off the hot tub cover. If you do, please use the broom provided and not a shovel.
· Garbage - Please place all garbage in our private dumpster located on Harris Alley. Harris Alley is between Harris and High Streets and can be entered via Lincoln Avenue. Foxes and bears frequent our property looking for food. Food left outside is dangerous and cruel. Garbage left on decks or porches is subject to a $50.00 pick up fee
· Noise - Please be considerate of your neighbors. Our town restricts noise after 10 pm including noise from hot tubs. Violators are subject to Breckenridge fines and evictions for guests.
· Emergency Breckenridge Contacts:
Ø Household concerns: Becky Burroughs at cell (970) 389-7838
Ø Serious broken stuff: Rick Seeley at (970) 453-4510
Ø Hot tub problems: Paul Baumgardner at (970) 453-2887 or (970) 390-0658
Ø Medical needs: Breckenridge Medical Center at (970) 453-1010
Ø Police: at (970) 453-2942
Ø Other : 911
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
Remember: Check out time is 10 AM
· Return the four spare house keys to the key holder by the back door*
· Lock the hot tub cover in all 4 places and return key to the key holder by the back door*
· Set the wall electric thermostats to 55
· Set the two fireplace thermostats to 60 (Do Not turn the fireplace fires off)
· Load and start the dishwasher
· Turn off all appliances (except the dishwasher)
· Take all trash to the dumpster in the Blue Shed (Harris Alley, behind Clear View house)
· Strip the beds and put all linens and towels in the laundry area
· Make sure you have packed all your personal belongings
· Please sign our Guest Book and tell us about your stay
· Close the windows and shades
· Turn off all lights
· Lock all the doors to the house
* (Lost key charge is $45.00)
No formal contract is required. If you agree with the above rules, dates and pricing we have agreed to via phone or e-mail, just send your check to the address I have given you (either in Evanston, Illinois or Breckenridge, Colorado). Receipt of your check ensures me of your commitment to our agreement.
I will reserve the dates for you. When your payments clear the banking system, your cancelled check is your receipt. I will send you the key lock combination to the front door of Clear View House.
However, if you feel more comfortable with a contract, draw one up yourself and include it with your check. I will sign it and return it before I cash your check.
Have a safe trip home.
Thanks for staying at Clear View House!
Owners: Mary Lou and John Rynes: Clear View House@aol.com